The Zeiss Xradia UltraXCT-810 instrument is a high-resolution X-ray CT scanner with two resolution modes. The large FoV of 65 x 65 microns achieve a real resolution of 150 nm, while the high-res mode with a FoV of 16 x 16 microns achieves 50nm. Zernike phase contrast can be used to compliment absorption contrast to highlight sample boundaries when absorption is low. Sample size is a limitation for this high-resolution instrument – the system utilises the Cr-kα energy at 5.4 keV, which limits sample size to approximately 60 microns or smaller (depending on material). With the addition of the Zeiss Ultra Load Cell, it is possible to perform in-situ tension, compression, and indentation experiments up to 0.8 N force.
- Spatial resolution: 150 nm or 50 nm
- Maximum field of view: 65 µm or 15 µm
- Maximum sample size: 0.5 kg
- Maximum energy: 8 kV monochromatic
- Phase-enhanced imaging
- Can be used for in-situ experiments with a range of rigs