How can I access the facilities at the NXCT?
Whether or not you’ve used X-ray Computed Tomography (XCT) or are simply looking to explore what the technique can do for you, we have a range of access models to support academic and industry users alike.
There are two ways you can get in touch with us.
|MAKE A GENERAL ENQUIRY
||SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
|Use this option if you’re:
- Planning a research project proposal and need to identify costings based on your requirements
- Unsure which piece of equipment you may need for your activity
- A commercial company that would like an informal conversation about X-ray CT experiments
- New to X-ray CT and you would like to find out more about what it can do
You can also make an enquiry to a specific NXCT Partner via the Facilities page.
||Use this option if you:
- Know exactly which piece of equipment you need for your work and/or at which NXCT facility
- Want to apply to use our computing resources
To see what information we’ll ask you for on the application form, please download our handy guide:
NXCT application form requirement
Once your application is submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment within 3 working days along with any clarifications we need.
Access charges for all of our facilities are calculated using TRAC (transparent approach to costing). Each piece of equipment has a daily charge rate. Please contact us for prices for individual scanners, rigs and computing/software access via our enquiry form. As a guideline the average cost of an X-ray scanner is £1000 per day and includes use of the scanner with staff support. Staff support is available within the working day but scans can be left to run overnight. Rigs costs £300 per day to use.
Access charges are calculated based on £1500 per day for an X-ray scanner. Please contact us for a quotation for scanners, rigs and computing/software access via our enquiry form.
Digital Imaging Lab
There is a daily charge for accessing our computing/software if you have not collected your data within the NXCT. The price will depend on your needs. Please contact us directly to find out more.
To find out more about our data storage, reconstruction and data analysis resources, please download our PDF guide on NXCT IT Resources.