Our three Nikon Metrology systems are best suited for larger samples, from a few mm diameter to approximately 20 cm diameter. With their high-power 225 kV and 320 kV x-ray sources, they can achieve transmission of sample up to approximately 30 mm steel. Our two walk-in bay systems are additionally well suited for in-situ work, using one of our in-situ rigs.
Nikon Metrology “High Flux” bay. With the large 4000 x 4000 pixel detector, the bay can achieve high quality images. Three alternative sources can be used: a 225 kV, 450 W rotating reflection target for higher flux, a standard 225 kV, 225 W static reflection target, and a 160kV transmission target for higher resolution (up to 3 µm). The Bay is designed for in-situ work and can take the majority of our in-situ rigs.
- Resolution capability from 2 to 119 microns for specimen areas from < 8 mm up to 202 mm diameters respectively
- Optional X-ray sources available
- Housed within a custom-built walk-in radiation bay
- The heavy-duty 5-axis sample manipulator stage with a 100 kg load capacity
- Labyrinths are available for the external control and monitoring of user-installed equipment
- High specification network and computing for increased bandwidth allowing rapid data transfer, storage, reconstruction and processing