Our three Nikon Metrology systems are best suited for larger samples, from a few mm diameter to approximately 20 cm diameter. With their high-power 225 kV and 320 kV x-ray sources, they can achieve transmission of sample up to approximately 30 mm steel. Our two walk-in bay systems are additionally well suited for in-situ work, using one of our in-situ rigs.
Nikon Metrology 320 kV walk-in bay: (“Custom Bay”) For larger samples of a few cm diameter and up to 80 cm total length. With the powerful 320 kV source, this instrument is best suited for higher-attenuating materials, such as metals and larger rocks. Depending on the imaging energy, a resolution of 30 microns can be achieved. Alternatively the bay can be equipped with a 225 kV source, which allows us to image lower-attenuating material and achieve a higher resolution. The “Custom Bay” also works well with our larger in-situ rigs.
- Housed within a custom-built walk-in radiation bay.
- The heavy-duty 5-axis sample manipulator stage with a 100 kg load capacity.
- Labyrinths are available for the external control and monitoring of user-installed equipment.
- Maximum sample size: 230 mm (W)
- Rapid data reconstruction