This is a custom Nikon Xtek XTH 225 kVp microfocus CT system equipped with a robotic sample exchanger (~ 150 mm height limit). It is perfect for relatively small specimens (< 300 mm in height) that can be scanned using a 225 kVp X-ray source. The source can be configured for high resolution or high flux through a range of different anodes; namely a transmission anode (spot ≥ 1 µm, low flux), a standard multi-material reflection anode (spot ≥ 3 µm, ‘normal’ flux) and a rotating anode (spot ≥ 10 µm, x3 -5 flux). A labyrinth at the rear of the system allows routing of cables and pipes that can control and feed in-situ rigs for time-resolved (4D) µ-CT experiments.
- Three configurations
- Transmission (~1 µm spot limit, low flux)
- Standard reflection (~3 µm spot, ‘normal’ flux)
- Rotating target (~10µm spot limit, x3-5 flux)
- 2 x 2 k flat panel detector
- Samples to ~300 mm and 50 kg
- Robotic sample exchange (~150 mm height limit)