In-person Course: Introduction to XCT Visualisation using Avizo
This course covers the fundamental principles of using Avizo software to analyse X-ray CT data. The course uses real X-ray CT data.
Tue, 5 Dec 2023 09:00 – 15:30.
Sign up here.
This Eventbrite sign-up is for this session only, if you wish to also attend “Introduction to X-ray CT theory” please sign-up here.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is only free to University of Manchester Staff or Students.
The course uses real X-ray CT data that will highlight the true problems faced when analysing large volumes.
- Start time: The course will start promptly at 9:30am, please allow enough time to find the location of the training course
- Breaks: there will be breaks throughout the day
- End time: the finish time can be variable between 3:00pm – 4:30pm as it depends on the number of questions
- Understanding the main Avizo GUI and available tools
- Loading and saving data in a number of X-ray CT formats
- Data viewing options
- Data editing, cropping and re-sizing
- The correct use of image filters
- The Avizo image filter library
- Filter types and effect on data features
- What is segmentation?
- Basic global segmentation and manual segmentation methods
- Editing tools
- Production of 3D images
- Use of scale bars
- Measuring specific features
Course Fees and Payment Process
- Staff and Students at The University of Manchester: free
- External Academics: £95 per course
- Industry: £250 per course
Following registration, you will be sent an official quotation for any course fees. You will need to arrange a Purchase Order (PO) from your organisation to The University of Manchester, with a copy sent directly to email@example.com.
As this is an in-person course, all computing facilities and course materials will be provided.
Training Course Prerequisite(s)
None, though we recommend attending our training course ‘Introduction to X-ray CT theory’.